Monday, June 21, 2010

Regrets

Although I did get to do a lot here in Washington, there are some things I didn't get to do, and regret it. One thing that surprised me during orientation was the fact that it is fairly easy to go and watch live arguments at the Supreme Court. Essentially, all you have to do is go early to line up at the Supreme Court in the morning and you can go in and watch the live proceedings. Since photography is not allowed within the courtroom this really is a unique experience that you cannot do back in Claremont. Most employers seem as if they would be flexible enough to allow the interns to take off a day, or simply a morning to go to the Court. If you work on the Hill this is also particularly easy because it is directly across the street from the Capitol.

Another regret that I have is not going to the Kennedy Center, I didn't find out until about halfway through the semester, but apparently during the week there is free entertainment. I unfortunately did not get the chance to go. But if I had to do it over again, I would certainly tried to organize a group outing to the Kennedy Center.

No comments: