Monday, October 13, 2014

All of the Activities

Sometimes things don’t work out the way you expect them to, and sometimes that’s a good thing. The other week, I joined an office raffle for a ticket to the CHCI Gala, a super fancy event with tons of important people. The Congressional Hispanic Caucus works closely with my office on a regular basis, so the staffers in my office all got tickets, but there weren’t enough tickets for the interns. However, upon winning the raffle three hours before the event for an extra ticket, I got to go! I scrambled to find an appropriate dress that was fancy enough, and ran back to my apartment to do my hair and make up. Once I got there, the dinner was amazing, hanging out with my coworkers outside of work was great, and then the production began. There were many people that spoke, including CHCI fellows, administrators, representatives, Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama. That’s right, I said BARACK OBAMA. I went to a super fancy gala where Barack Obama was the keynote speaker. I know, I couldn’t believe it either, and I was there. It was wonderful and enlightening, and I’m so glad that I got the opportunity to see him speak. Here are a couple of pictures to prove that it actually happened:





Apart from that amazing experience, I went that weekend to Princeton to visit my best friend from home, Dallas. I also went this weekend to a Bastille concert with some of my Washington Program friends, and took a bus to Philadelphia with Emman and his friend Joe to see the Eagles stomp on the Giants.

At Princeton with Dallas:


 At the Bastille Concert:


 At the Eagles Game:




There are so many great opportunities in and around DC that one can partake in that it’s wonderfully insane. Everything is so close, accessible and varied that anyone could find something that they want to do. And it doesn’t hurt if you happen to win the office raffle, too.

No comments: